Using - Stainless Steel Washers - putting on PnP

NOTE:  USE THIS METHOD TO ETCH THE  WASHERS AFTER PUTTING  ON RESIST  

Next Step - make up some stainless steel washers using PnP as opposed to stamping with staz-on  (the staz-on seems to deteriorate more on the stainless steel during etching)

went out and bought some washers in different sizes  - stainless steel at a RONA (similar to Lowes or Home Depot )  spent all of 3.40 with tax


I cleaned the surface of the ones I wanted to put the PnP on - needs to be free and clear of oils etc.. same as any other application
I used my dremel and sandpaper and then some windex just to be sure all material is cleaned off 

Prep the Heat press - plug it in  and use some Dry waxed paper so I can move it around when pressing (I press  then open and shift around so I get good contact ) 




I place my clean side up washers on the paper 

I choose my PnP patterns 

 and I cut enough to fit over - the group -not going to cut out individual pieces
PnP is face down on washers

 then cover with additional sheets to protect and to give a cushion on the surface
(you can see where I did a bunch of bracelets the same way - it left an impression in the paper)

Now at this point I messed up and didnt check my temp - I had left really high for t-shirts and should have turned it down 
they came out but over cooked so a lot of the wax from the PnP was melted off 

so I have to clean off the washers with some naptha and start again - not a big deal  just took time
I'll have results on the weekend (if not friday )  and then they will go into a fresh batch of ferric to see results
I'll post the additional finished PnP product here rather than a new thread -

So on Friday I cleaned up the washers and redid them on the heat press
You can see them stuck to the PnP after heating

Nice clean crips application 

and you can see why I put down a backing sheet to catch the extra over run of the PnP so it is no on the silicone backing of the press 

Off the paper and you can see the size of the washers to the penny 

even the sheet has imprints of how much pressure is applied by the press when heated 

ready for etching


Next week picking up the silver solder /from Casell to see about brasing them together  - could be interesting and give me and hopefully you some new ideas

39 comments:

  1. Wow! that's amasing! could you tell me where I can by some PnP please?

    TY for this DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it from a company in the states - you can do any designs you can print - teckniks- see left hand side bar for suppliers

      Delete
  2. Hello sir, your web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. i also found some helpful sites like yours.
    sbp auto
    sbp automotive

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog,i want to share some Information about splunk training . keep updates regularly..

    ReplyDelete
  6. your web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us.
    i also found some helpful sites like yours nce page guys.
    Ai & Artificial Intelligence Course in Chennai
    PHP Training in Chennai
    Ethical Hacking Course in Chennai Blue Prism Training in Chennai
    UiPath Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works
    Best Institute for Data Science in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  8. YouTube is the biggest and best platform for sharing video content online. It’s also an easy way for people to express their creativity,talent, make some extra money, promote individuals or business, and may become a huge “Internet celebrity”.

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://ravivarma.in/seo-basics/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to become visiting your weblog once more, it has been a very long time for me. Pleasantly this article i've been sat tight for such a long time. I will require this post to add up to my task in the school, and it has identical subject along with your review. Much appreciated, great offer. data analytics course in mysore

    ReplyDelete
  11. 360DigiTMG, the top-rated organisation among the most prestigious industries around the world, is an educational destination for those looking to pursue their dreams around the globe. The company is changing careers of many people through constant improvement, 360DigiTMG provides an outstanding learning experience and distinguishes itself from the pack. 360DigiTMG is a prominent global presence by offering world-class training. Its main office is in India and subsidiaries across Malaysia, USA, East Asia, Australia, Uk, Netherlands, and the Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog gave us following extraordinary suggestion to do something thinking about than. each and all ideas of your get are exceptional. much thanks to you parcels for sharing. continue to run a blog.. Driver Toolkit Licence Key

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Windows 10 Activator Crack is the absolute gadget to assist you with releasing the complete possible of Windows 10. different of us face issues advantageous the teach with respect to Windows 10 Crack

    ReplyDelete





  15. Software Development Life Cycle, is a set of steps used to create software applications.https://softwaredevelopmentslifecycle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never underestimate the empowered empath. Our kindness and compassion is too often mistaken for weakness or naivety, while we are in fact highly calibrated .Empath-Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  17. myshopify.com is ranked #2 in the Business and Consumer Services > Business Services category and #234 Globally according to January 2023 data.Elexamart.Myshopify

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ice Cream Recorder for PC allows you to record your favorite 3D games.
    https://thepcsoft.com/icecream-screen-recorder-pro-crack/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn’t realize that you can etch on stainless steel. That opens up so many possibilities. I always thought it was only silver, copper, brass & nickel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  21. This blog post is incredibly useful and instructive. I want to thank you for sharing this information. I also have a website with a lot of useful information.
    Top overseas education consultants in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete