More EtchedCopper Pipe

I got the smaller pipe into the ferric today
The pipe was a little shorter so I poured a little out 
and I didnt have a plug so I had to use some Plasticine to seal the bottom 
filled it with sand and put the post in so it sat between two pieces of tape 

Left it for about 2-1/2 hours (no heat)
Nice etch 

cuts it rather nicely 
Clean and deep 

So I cut up the pipes - I used a small chop saw for the larger pieces 


The next step is to solder ends onto them 
so they will look like this 
Large

Small 

I just have to decide if the ends will be plain or to etch the ends - (might be too much )
I'll get to them soon 

The etching of the washers is not turning out so well - did another batch 
heat press works great with the PnP

what the PnP looks like after transfer 

In the etch for 2-1/2 hours 

not working as well as the stamp - Hmmmmmm  there is some etch but not even as good as the staz on 
seems to soak off - some sort of reaction with the metal and the ferric 
will have to work on this more 





4 comments:

  1. The copper pipe is beautifully etched. Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with the pcs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the PNP yet, but am going to sometime this week. It's interesting that it didn't work quite as well as StazOn ... look forward to seeing your finished work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog, by the way. Thanks for sharing this information. In the long term, I would like to see more blogs. You can also visit:Copper Earthing Electrode

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent quick read and worth so much, i’m glad that i found this website on google, worth spending time on this blog.Chemical Earthing Compound

    ReplyDelete