Copper Etched Neck Bangle, Copper Corset Ring

After Easter breakfast and dropping off Easter goodies to the grandkids - I came back to the studio - I put the heaters on before I left  - it was till cool-  44 F  or  almost 7 C -
Worked on the  etched collar some more - still trying to think of how I want to finish - maybe some wire wrapping  - dangles - not sure - kept hammering at it to shape it - decisions decisions



Then I decided time to get on the torch - and worked for a couple of hours on some beads
I put a small heater near my legs to keep warm - not too bad - but  going to keep working in the studio if I can  this week  no matter what the weather - I needed to practice and figure out what I want to do in the way of beads for finished necklaces and bracelets

Then I decided I wanted to make a copper corset ring - so proto time again  - cut up a scrap piece of copper, hammered and put some holes into it - annealed - -  a bit messy but next one will be better - a little straighter on the weaving



4 comments:

  1. That ring is cool! I've never seen anything like it. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stuff looks regal. It's really cool how you can turn copper into a template for just about anything. You can etch designs, then cut it up into any shape and size, and it can function in a lot of ways. You have made quite a piece of work there. I’m glad that you shared it.

    Brandi Bradley @ Rotax Metals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it!
    Titanium Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your information, it was really very helpfull..
    keyword: Titanium Jewellery UK

    ReplyDelete