Was at the dollar store on friday - picking up the canvases for the picture craft - and came across the small clay pots and grabbed three packs (two per pack for a dollar) so even it doesnt work out no big loss but at least I tried.
and I used a round file only to make sure the hole sizes were the same
I then put some shelf primer on the inside so the glass would not stick (this is the guessing part - I hope it doesnt stick or put some of the primer into the melt)
Then I stacked them to ensure the holes lined up
Then the realization started when I found they were too tall for my regular kiln (I have two AIM 8 x 8) and they are not tall enough - I have my trusty Kiln I got from Sundance glass and it two was not deep enough - BUT I had bough an extender ring for lampworking so I could use this kiln for something more than fusing-
only issue was it had a fibre opening - so I cut up some blocks of kiln brick (feet of the kiln but I swapped out some from the other kilns) and made a fitting (pretty sure I have one brick around that fits but could not find) so only about 1/2 hour delay
I put the clay pots (that are coated inside with kiln wash) into the now sufficiently high enough kiln
I put in some bullseye shorts I have around and some frit
I closed the kiln and started ramping slowing - started on low then worked my way up the necessary temp
at least 1650
Waited and waited - got it all the way up to 1800 and decided to shut off - I'll see what they look like later but I think the hole has to be bigger - although it says to let it run high and let it sit for about 90 minutes - I guess slow drip down - but not sure
On cool thing I found at the dollar store was some findings for a cheese knife - they have cheesy (no pun intended ) clear glass beads - the end screws off and I can make my own glass bead to fit on.
I found a mandrel that is about the same thickness for the center so I might try this on Sunday