Original posting date should have been
7/4/16 - so sort of out of order but forgot to post
I scored my big sheet of glass today- too big for my car so I broke it at the glass suppliers - I put down my tarp we laid it down - I wrapped the tarp around it and then carefully inserted my nail set and whacked it with a hammer and broke it -(I put in tarp as it tends to explode out and you get a mess to clean up - the tarp holds it together and makes it easier for clean up ) crunched it up and got it into pails - two full 5 gal pails of broken tempered glass - SWEET !
Came home and took my fused pieces out ( 6 pcs ) and put another 6 into the kiln for tomorrow night - should have a good number by Saturday completed
I mixed up some EX-74 epoxy and sealed the pieces I put the alcohol inks on - I was worried it might smudge but it was fine - and it looks good - I am wondering if I should not coat the clear spots as well - as it would give it a nice epoxy coating for the base all over -
I will check tomorrow night and see if I want to finish them that way - but so far so good Here they are upside down drying with the epoxy coating