My Black and Vanilla were done so I did the overcoat and re fired them tonight (wont see them till tomorrow morning)
I have my carmel and vanilla (sounds like pudding or maybe its because I just like food everything sounds like it )
Tonight I wanted to put bales on them so I can get them carded up and into the pile of goodies for my upcoming Toronto Bead Society Show in November (5th &6th) at the CNIB building on Bayview Ave in Toronto
1. I just clean them for now with a damp papertowel if any kiln wash is on them
2. I take diamond head drill bits and scuff up the backs using a dremel - very quick (just the area you will put the bale not the whole back.)
4. I choose the bale - in this case a sort of brassy bronze I got from Panda Hall (I love Panda Hall)
5. I cut up little squares of wax paper to mix my two part epoxy - I use toothpicks for mixing
6 Mix up some two part epoxy - I like the UHU two part epoxy - can be found at Micheals or Canadian Tire. Equal parts - I like the little tubes - the syringe type drives me crazy and I waste so much of it .
8 Place a bale on the dab of glue, push down and dont worry if a bit squishes out - you want adhesion below and around the bale. Just be sure its centered. Let dry
When dry I'll put onto my cards for the show
But you can see how shiny the image is with the cover coat over the decal. If you put a glass cap it does give a magnifying effect but I find it distorts the lines when you have details.
I watched my screen printing dvd tonight to refresh my mind - now I have to find my tools in the basement and bring them up to the studio (where they should be ) and give screen printing a try again. Hopefully my emulsion sheets are not too old - but I definitely am going to get it done so I can screen the black onto the glass - Once I know I have everything I'll do a step by step