24g Copper Sheet (22 mil 16oz)

I just got 50lbs  of 12" x 50ft  of 24g - 22mil  copper for playing with


 I needed to figure out what was 24g was in Mil size - found this
22 Mil/16 Ounce Copper Sheets (.0216") 24 gauge: 16 ounce copper sheeting is a heavy weight copper sheet often referred to as "roofing copper" or "roofing flashing." It weighs approximately 1 pound per square foot. It's often used for roofing and flashing, various art and craft projects, DIY projects such as backsplashes, countertops and range hoods, electrical applications, research and development and much more. 16 ounce copper can be bent and formed by hand but is very durable. Metals snips are needed to cut this thickness. (Also check our patina copper sheets for a variety of uses including bartops and countertops. It is also used for for various wall hangings and artwork.) 

so now I have it - I cant use my right hand to cut yet  -  I bought to use with my new sizzix machine and vintaj presses -    I have some other ideas but I need two hands

roofing copper I know can be bought at roofing supply companies  - I'll have to check it out 

2 comments:

  1. I'm very interested in how it works with the sizzix and vintaj press. Great idea for materials. Will see if Lowe's has it in stock for Christmas gifts. Inspiration is flowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 24g is a great thickness for making all kinds of things - the blanks they sell for the vintaj are 24g so we will see this weekend how it works - get some nice pattern blanks to work with
    We have a roofing/siding place near us (neither Lowes or home depot carries the copper) but a speciality roofing place should - I know I saw some when I was there to pick up eaves trough for the house

    ReplyDelete