New Quests

Trying to  find other supplies locally  for electroforming  and etching - DYI

One item  I need is  Copper Sulphate  (need this for electroforming as well )  and I found it locally at HH Goods in Uxbridge

Another item  is Sodium Bisulphate  which can also be used for pickling  - so double duty on that
local supplier in Ontario   DH Jutzi  - 50lb  bags  but I'll use it up quickly as pickle or give some away

DH Jutzi also carries Ferric Chloride in 5 gal pails - which is very useful so when I order the Sodium  Bisulphate I'll order a 5 gal pail  and have delivered at same time

Graphite powder -  found it at currys art supplies

Copper powder - found at Sculpture supply in Toronto  and ordered when I ordered my new quart of Permalac sealer

graphite powder and copper powder - are to experiment and see if I can make my own conductive paint for electroforming -

this weekend is set up the etching stations and get to etching items this weekend - sheets for the etsy shop and some new items

I will do a refresher on etching as well this weekend



1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborah,
    I read you are using a heat press machine for transferring designs to metal. I have one without instructions. What temperature do you use and for how long? BTW I absolutely love your work!
    Thank you,
    Diane in VA

    ReplyDelete