Saturday, September 20, 2014

Boro Lamprok Painted Dragon Eye


Today I painted some boro sheet for eyes and did a proto this afternoon
Because I have such a variety of glass I like to write on the glass what it is in case I mix it up - system 96 and boro look very similar as well as 104 and bullseye

I cut up 1" squares


then cut the corners off 

cleaned them and prepped them for ink 
I like to use a bit of windex to clean them up  and I have a pencil outline to follow 
I then fire the black trace outline  and then apply color and fire again 

I put them on the hot plate - painted side up 

The "Slime" Green was ok but maybe I'll do a dark one tomorrow and maybe take time to finish the lid better - but I wanted to see the eye finished 


No comments:

Post a Comment