Lee Valley Pen Turning Classes

I have not turned a pen I think in about 10 years - took a class back when  with Lee Valley  in their morningside branch.   On Feb 5th  taking two classes at their Vaugh location as  a tune up to start turning pens again as now I have the 3d printer and resin casting to work into it. 

Class one in the morning was making the european pen - remembering all the things we need to do - the blank I used was very light and pock marked and I really did not do a great job on it
but to tell the truth would rather make as many mistakes as 
possible so that I can ask questions on how to fix or get better at turning.

In the afternoon we did a baron fountain pen and got a dark wood this time and loved it.  A bit more intricate to assemble but a nice pen.

I have all the tools (I needed a drill bit for my Sierra blanks and some finishing  sealer/wax and some glue ) cant wait for the weather to warm up from all this nasty cold and ice 



4 comments:

  1. can you explain a bit more? What are you making the pens from? HOW do you make them? Is this wood turning or clay modelling or...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..Amazing post. Thanks for sharing. Bluewhale hardware offer variety of boat parts and accessories all your marine needs. Our Company provide retail and wholesale services, If you like our products then order us, you can also order our products in bulk as well. Click Boat Outfitters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubei Sanxin Biotechnology Co., Limited, also known as ‘sanxinbio,’ is a leading health care products manufacturer in China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i am franklin ceo of tengdabio. We provide the Hgh Suppliers with the best quality and fully trusted by our clients

    ReplyDelete